Thursday, July 24, 2014

Declaration of PASOK MP, Pyrros Dimas for the administrative division



Albanian politics must respect people verdict of Himara

"In the last three months, I watched with great interest the debate was conducted on the occasion of the new administrative division in Albania and especially in my hometown Himara.

The reason it has not placed on the matter is my belief that these issues should be resolved through dialogue and mutual understanding. Seeing the final draft that went to vote in the Albanian parliament, I realized that our attitude was not appreciated and our proposals were not taken into account. 


This proposal is unacceptable, contrary to the European acquis and every concept of international law. The only purpose it serves is the alteration of the demographic composition of the region.

All this time as an MP of PASOK had regular contact with the Foreign Minister and President of PASOK Mr. Venizelos in which he conveyed the concerns and demands of my countrymen.

Even the last time I hope that sense will prevail and we will find a solution that would satisfy both sides" noted the statement of PASOK MP Pyrros Dimas


No comments: